Friday, February 28

Gate 88 "Pew Pew Pew"

GATE 88

"Pew Pew Pew"




Gate 88.. ah good memories, I just recently downloaded gate 88 onto the hard drive again and let me tell you it was pretty fun playing one of my all time favorites again.  Enough of my ranting.. Gate 88 is a unique multiplayer/singe-player RTS (real time strategie) based in space as you can tell from the above picture. You start out in your commander ship ready to build the HQ (head quarters).  You'll goal of course is to protect your HQ by placing 4 different types of turrets and by building farms to gain money. You will have to research  though or the enemy will over come you.  

Now your going to want to build you HQ then head out far into space to build a Farm for researching and gaining money, if you build your farm by your base the enemy will most likely destroy it and there goes your hard work.. Your base is going to get ransacked so its a good idea to make anything not related to base defense at another location.  

Now I'm not for sure but I know you can join sides online with other players that being if you find enough players but I'm guessing your more then likely to run into other people while online.  My first play and it took a couple mins and some one said "hey there".. I was confused being like what?? where is this person? Is he just a computer??? It wasn't, it was a real person just sitting in the spectator sit.  

The Man joined, his name, "Z",  he was a nice guy, we talked for  awhile then played a short game where I ended up at his mercy being destroyed multiple times but I didn't back off I continued to fight this player obviously more experienced.. Good times but it soon came to a end when my girl friend needed the computer.  




Gate 88 gets a steady 3.5/5